2005 Regular Session
To: Ports and Marine Resources
By: Senator(s) Gollott
AN ACT TO AMEND SECTION 49-27-13, MISSISSIPPI CODE OF 1972, TO PROVIDE FOR THE DISCRETIONARY DISTRIBUTION OF WETLANDS APPLICATIONS TO LOCAL GOVERNMENTAL ENTITIES BY THE COMMISSION ON MARINE RESOURCES; AND FOR RELATED PURPOSES.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI:
SECTION 1. Section 49-27-13, Mississippi Code of 1972, is amended as follows:
49-27-13. The commission may cause a copy of any application to be mailed immediately to the following parties:
(1) The chief administrative officer in the municipality or municipalities where any part of the proposed activity will be located;
(2) The president of the board of supervisors of any county where any part of the proposed activity will be located;
(3) The Executive Director of the Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks;
(4) The county attorney of any county in which any part of the proposed activity will be located or in any county which may be affected by such activity;
(5) The district attorney of any judicial district in which any part of the proposed activity will be located or of any district which may be affected by such activity; and
(6) The Director of the Gulf Regional Planning Commission.
SECTION 2. This act shall take effect and be in force from and after its passage.