2005 Regular Session
To: Public Property
By: Representative Moss
AN ACT TO AUTHORIZE THE DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION, ACTING ON BEHALF OF THE DEPARTMENT OF WILDLIFE, FISHERIES AND PARKS, TO SELL AND CONVEY CERTAIN STATE-OWNED REAL PROPERTY LOCATED IN ALCORN COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI; TO AUTHORIZE THE MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION TO CONVEY CERTAIN REAL PROPERTY TO THE CITY OF BROOKHAVEN, LINCOLN COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI; AND FOR RELATED PURPOSES.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI:
SECTION 1. (1) The Department of Finance and Administration, acting on behalf of the Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, upon meeting the requirements of Section 29-1-1, may sell and convey to any interested person, group, organization, company, corporation or other entity certain state-owned real property, and the improvements thereon, located in Alcorn County, Mississippi, and being more particularly described as follows:
A parcel not to exceed one and one-half (1-1/2) acres in the NW 1/4 of the NW 1/4 of the SW 1/4 of the SW 1/4 of Section 32, Township 1S, Range 7E, Alcorn County, Mississippi.
The Department of Finance and Administration may have the parcel of property surveyed.
(2) The real property, and the improvements thereon, described in subsection (1) of this section shall be sold for not less than the current fair market value as determined by the averaging of at least two (2) appraisals by qualified appraisers who shall be selected by the Department of Finance and Administration and shall be certified and licensed by the Mississippi Real Estate Appraiser Licensing and Certification Board.
(3) Any funds received by the State of Mississippi for the conveyance of the real property, and the improvements thereon, described in subsection (1) of this section shall be deposited to the credit of the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, and such funds shall be used for the benefit of the Tuscumbia Wildlife Management Area.
(4) The State of Mississippi shall retain all mineral rights to the real property sold pursuant to this section.
SECTION 2. (1) The Mississippi Department of Transportation, upon meeting the requirements of Section 29-1-1, may convey to the City of Brookhaven the Mississippi Department of Transportation maintenance facility and the property on which it sits located on Hartman Street in Brookhaven, Mississippi, described more specifically as follows:
2.63 acres, more or less, situated in Lot 7 of the Price
Estate, City of Brookhaven, said lands are situated in the Southwest 1/4 of the Southeast 1/4of Section 12, Township 7 North, Range 7 East, Lincoln County, Mississippi and described in particular as follows:
Commencing at a nail in the center of Hartman Street marking the Northeast corner of the Southwest 1/4 of the Southeast 1/4of said Section 12 run North 89°16'00" West 30.00 feet to a fence corner on the west side of said Hartman Street and the point of beginning. Thence South 00°16'45" East 125.22 feet along said street to a 1/2 inch iron pin on the north right-of-way of the Mississippi Central Railroad, thence away from said street and along said right-of-way South 77°53'15" West 618.94 feet to a concrete right-of-way marker, thence away from said railroad right-of-way North 00°41'00" West 251.91 feet to a concrete right-of-way marker, thence North 89°41'45" East 607.56 feet to the point of beginning.
(2) The conveyance authorized in this section may be made on such terms and conditions agreed upon by the Mississippi Department of Transportation and the City of Brookhaven, Lincoln County.
(3) Any funds received by the State of Mississippi for the conveyance of the real property described in subsection (1) of this section shall be deposited into the State General Fund.
(4) The State of Mississippi shall retain all mineral rights to the real property conveyed pursuant to this section.
SECTION 3. This act shall take effect and be in force from and after its passage.