2004 Regular Session
To: Public Property
By: Senator(s) Thames
AN ACT TO AUTHORIZE THE DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION, ACTING ON BEHALF OF THE MISSISSIPPI DEPARTMENT OF WILDLIFE, FISHERIES AND PARKS, TO CONVEY CERTAIN REAL PROPERTY LOCATED IN LINCOLN COUNTY, MISSISSIPPI, TO CARL RAY FURR; AND FOR RELATED PURPOSES.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF MISSISSIPPI:
SECTION 1. (1) The Department of Finance and Administration, acting on behalf of the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks, may transfer and convey to Carl Ray Furr of Jackson, Mississippi, all right, title and interest in certain real property and any improvements located thereon in Lincoln County, Mississippi, and described more particularly as follows:
A parcel of land containing 3.54 acres, more or less, being situated in the SW 1/4 of SW 1/4 and in the SE 1/4 of SW 1/4 of Section 6, T 8 N R 9 E, Lincoln County, Mississippi, and being more particularly described as follows: From the SW corner of said Section 6, T 8 N R 9 E run North a distance of 795.5 ft.; thence run East a distance of 666.8 ft. to a point on a property fence on the east boundary of Lea property and the point of beginning of property described herein;
1. Thence N 00°04'E 403.0 ft. along and intermitting with said property fence;
2. Thence S 35°17'E 113.7 ft.;
3. Thence S 11°14'E 33.1 ft.;
4. Thence S 44°59'E 128.7 ft.;
5. Thence S 40°00'E 187.8 ft.;
6. Thence S 74°36'E 138.2 ft.;
7. Thence S 65°09'E 129.3 ft.;
8. Thence S 44°08'E 130.3 ft.;
9. Thence S 49°44'W 29.3 ft.;
10. Thence S 70°29'E 43.5 ft.;
11. Thence S 39°12'E 75.5 ft.;
12. Thence S 18°05'E 79.3 ft.;
13. Thence S 26°52'W 118.9 ft.;
14. Thence N 56°50'W 85.1 ft.;
15. Thence N 27°46'W 190.7 ft.;
16. Thence N 48°48'W 84.6 ft.;
17. Thence N 71°51'W 60.9 ft.;
18. Thence S 89°01'W 102.1 ft.;
19. Thence N 74°51'W 70.1 ft.;
20. Thence N 60°32'W 71.4 ft.;
21. Thence N 47°04'W 71.6 ft.;
22. Thence N 75°39'W 100.0 ft. to the point of beginning.
(2) The conveyance authorized in this section may be made upon such terms and conditions agreed upon by the Department of Finance and Administration and Carl Ray Furr to be in the best interests of both parties.
(3) Any funds received by the State of Mississippi for the conveyance of the real property and any improvements thereon described in this section shall be deposited into the State General Fund.
(4) Upon the death of Carl Ray Furr of Jackson, Mississippi, all right, title and interest in the real property and any improvements thereon described in this section shall revert to the State of Mississippi. The State of Mississippi shall thereafter maintain any improvements made by Carl Ray Furr to the real property.
SECTION 2. This act shall take effect and be in force from and after its passage.