2002 Regular Session
By: Senator(s) Ross
A RESOLUTION TO AMEND SENATE RULE NO. 97 TO PROVIDE THAT FIVE MINUTES' DEBATE SHALL BE ALLOWED THE SENATOR MOVING TO TABLE A BILL SUBJECT TO CALL.
BE IT RESOLVED BY THE MISSISSIPPI STATE SENATE, That Senate Rule No. 97 is amended as follows:
97. Order of Precedence:
(1) To adjourn.
(2) To lay on the table.
(3) To lay on the table subject to call, when five (5) minutes' debate each shall be allowed the Senator having the measure in charge and the Senator making the motion, unless the Senator (s) shall yield the floor to another Senator.
(4) For the previous question.
(5) To limit debate.
(6) To close debate at a specific time.
(7) To postpone to a day certain.
(8) To recommit.
(9) To re-refer.
(10) To amend.
(11) To postpone indefinitely.
These motions shall have precedence in the above order; and any such motion being made and being decided adversely shall not again be entertained on the same day at the same stage of the question.